Rombo.Material is a monolithic material shader developed to support common material usages found in architecture and product design renderings. It supports most hard-surface materials such as metal, wood, plastic, concretes and glass. Fine tuned for glossy reflections and refractions with build-in energy conservation, outperforms mental ray factory materials like mia and mila materials in terms of features and rendering speed.
Major features are:
- flexibility and easy to use.
- physically accurate and energy conserving.
- advanced sampling with adaptive, fixed and importance based sampling.
- lambert, mia and Oren-Nayar diffuse models.
- various BSDF models (Beckmann, GGX etc.).
- all-in-one material with build-in shadow and photon shaders.
- performance knobs to better suite rendering workflows.
- PBS paradigm support
Reflection glossiness with GGX vs Beckmann BRDF :
Refraction glossiness with Beckmann vs GGX BTDF :
Solid vs Thick glass (and build in shadow shader) :
Complex IOR and adaptive sampling :
Cutout opacity with shadow support :